You want to embellish or add a little extra to a shawl, a bag, a scarf?
Here is a tutorial to learn how to make tassels with yarn.
How To Do tassels?
Explanations step by step for making tassels
This technique is quite easy.
First of all, choose the yarn you want to use: cotton, wool, etc.
Then cut a piece of cardboard to the height you want (I confess that I, out of
laziness convenience, used my smartphone as a jig!).
If you want to make a tassel movable from the piece you want to attach it to, proceed as follows :
- Wrap the yarn around the cardboard until you get the required thickness (for example 10 times)
- Insert a thread on top of the cardboard and make a double knot (to create the tassel attachment).
- Remove the cardboard and wrap a thread around the vertical strands to form the head of the tassel (as in the video).
- Once this has been done, trim the end of the tassel as necessary to remove any irregularities.
If you want to make a tassel fixed to the part to which you want to attach it, proceed as follows (as in the video):
- Wrap the yarn around the cardboard (as much as you want, you don't need a given number of threads at this step)
- Cut the yarn at the base, you get a series of strands of equal length
- Take a number of strands (here 10)
- Insert them with the hook at the place you want - here on the edge of the shawl (as on the video)
- Take one strand and wrap it around the vertical strands, close with a double knot.
- Do the same for the other tassels
- Once this has been done, trim the end of the tassels as necessary to remove any irregularities.